Debian Images for Duo256/DuoS

Hi!

Thanks for your work, your image helped me as I wanted to work with an extlinux.conf instead of the hard-coded kernel image names. I also found that you fixed the 850 MHz clock and that it’s now 1.05 GHz.

On my side, I was still quite irritated with Sophgo’s irresponsibly outdated 5.10.4 kernel that was literally lacking 25000 fixes, and spent the week-end rebasing (and testing) it on top of latest 5.10, which currently is 5.10.215. It now works fine and feels much safer and way more reliable. Also, 5.10 moves a bit less in the areas of concern nowadays, as I noticed via the fact that almost every early version would cause rejects while around one out of 20 in the latest ones would fail. I’ve uploaded it here https://github.com/wtarreau/sophgo-linux-5.10/tree/sophgo-rebased-5.10.215 and sent Sophgo a PR (Sophgo cv18xx-v4.1.x rebased on 5.10.215 (for e.g. LicheeRV-Nano) by wtarreau · Pull Request #1 · sophgo/linux_5.10 · GitHub) in case they’re interested in hosting that branch in their repository.

I don’t know how difficult it would be to port this to newer LTS branches (5.15, 6.1, 6.6) but honestly, given that Sophgo is currently trying to upstream many parts, I don’t think it’s worth the effort. I’d rather see them focus their efforts on upstreaming their port and just offer and older-but-stable branch that allows to regularly merge new stable updates for the 2.5 years that are left for 5.10 to be maintained.

4 Likes