CPU heatsink compatibility

For those of us who ordered the bare Pioneer board, which heatsinks will be compatible? If it is designed to use a common socket for other processors, it would be helpful to know what those are so we can order the right components. I have looked at all of the available documentation and specifications published so far, but this information seems to be missing.

1 Like

For those of us who ordered the bare Pioneer board, which heatsinks will be compatible?

A heat sink and bracket will be included in the shipment

So you don’t have to worry about that.

We have achieved a basically universal x86 (LGA1150) cooler on the market with a customized bracket.

1 Like

Thanks for that! It wasn’t clear that the bare motherboard would come with a cooler. Nice to know that it’ll work with socket 1150 as well, which will help me to pick another one that will work better in a rack mount configuration. I’m sure that making this information available in the product description would be helpful to others, if that’s an option.

The included heatsink is a nice low-profile version that fits well in a 2U rack mount case.

There is clearance for the fan to draw air in between the top of the fan and the top of a 2U rackmount case

Hi, what does the “customized bracket” mean? Are trhe mounting holes in the same place or do you have a texhnical drawing, how a liquid cooling heatsink should be mounted?