Meles graphics driver

I noticed that RevyOS doesn’t appear to be utilizing the onboard GPU on my Meles. Is this a known issue?

2 Likes

Hey yeah just found this - graphics aren’t great, and the max resolution is 1024x768.

I’ve emailed @hoka to try to find out what’s going on!

The image I used was https://mirror.iscas.ac.cn/revyos/extra/images/meles/20240601/sdcard-meles-20240601_180943.img.zst. Testing eMMC image now just in case.

4 Likes

Same here,

I have no output at all with any of the 20240601_180943 images sdcard nor eMMC

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

There are several of us whose boards stopped working after following the official instructions for flashing, bootup etc., take a look at a couple of the other threads in the Meles section. One of the Milk-V team admitted there may be a hardware fault in these boards. I would recommend not wasting too much time on this one. The RevyOS provided is a mess, there are gaps in the instructions needed to build it and the packages are hosted on a single Chinese university mirror with no updates and no access to source debs. I like the Duo boards and there seems to be some active development on those still in terms of software, but Meles seems to be a dud product.

1 Like

@Platima - any updates on your meles experiments or is your second board dead meanwhile as well as many of the other boards seem to be?

Nah mate not yet. Will chase up the Meles Team now about this - after blowing up the first board, have not unboxed the 2nd yet haha.

The last update I got was about two weeks ago;

The RevyOS doesn’t look like it will be updated in the near future, we will test Armbian and give you feedback.

@Hoka can you get on setq’s case too :sweat_smile: thank you!